If you’re a conversion rate optimization marketer or just a marketer looking to expand your repertoire, you need the best tools in the market. Split testing proves your experiment hypotheses are correct and drives conversion rates up. The best split testing products let you launch and analyze your experiments with ease.
In this article, I’ll identify the best A/B testing software and compare the competing tools. We’ll discuss the best tools for small and large businesses, different platforms, and skill levels.
For people in a hurry: The best A/B split testing software
Convert Experiences is the best A/B testing software in 2022. It has a comprehensive testing package with tools such as multi-page testing, post segmentation, and more than 40 targeting filters. Marketers with skill levels anywhere from beginning to experienced can set up tests in Convert. The pricing packages are reasonable, and the customer support team responds quickly with helpful tips.
What is A/B split testing software?
A/B tests test against the original website element by introducing a new variation and running the variations with a 50/50 split. A/B split testing software helps you figure out why site visitors are not converting. If you’re making changes to your site but don’t know what’s working, you need to launch A/B tests.
For example, let’s say you want your site visitors to install your phone app, but you don’t know if your CTA is working. Your current CTA is “Install Now” and you want to try “Download Now”. A/B testing tools help you show your original CTA to 50% of your audience and your new CTA to the other 50%. Then, you can track visitor views and clicks to see with an unbiased view which CTA is driving a higher conversion rate.
How should you use A/B split testing software?
A/B testing gives you data to prove or disprove the most effective tactics for your website. Use this data to create the foundation on which you build the best site experience with great conversion rates.
Table of contents:
A/B testing leads to better conversion rates, which leads to increased revenue. Use testing to maximize your visitor value.
Reduced Bounce Rates
Equip A/B testing to figure out what drives your site visitors away. If you have a high landing page bounce rate, you can implement A/B tests on the copy, images, page layout, and CTAs to figure out what is and isn’t working.
Improved Shopping Cart Checkouts
If you have an e-commerce site, your checkout flow is your bread and butter. You can A/B test different elements of your shopping cart and checkout experience, like form layout, registration options, and price displays.
The 10 most popular A/B testing tools, reviewed
Here, we’ve compiled the top A/B split testing tools and compared their performance.
#1: Optimizely 7.7/10
Optimizely supports digital experimentation with flexible A/B testing options. Big companies like Salesforce and Discovery use Optimizely.
- Easy to learn
- You don’t need technical experience to set up and run experiments
- Needs more robust technical support
- Statistics can be hard to decipher and data is not always reliable
- Slows down web pages
#2: Unbounce 7.1/10
Unbounce shines in its ability to build custom landing pages with its drag-and-drop interface. Users can build popups and sticky bars too, without any need for technical knowledge. Its customer base includes World Balance and Hootsuite.
- Easy drag-and-drop interface
- Simple landing page integration
- Bad customer service
- Needs more customizable A/B testing options
#3: VWO 8.4/10
VWO contains a full conversion rate optimization package, so you can not only complete your A/B testing with the tool, but you can also add behavior tracking, personalize site experiences, roll out web experiences, and perform program management.
- Advanced segmentation capabilities
- Multi-page tests
- Quick in-app editor
- The visual editor doesn’t work well with some sites
- Expensive pricing
- Some users report difficulties with running more advanced tests
#4: Google Optimize 8.1/10
Google Optimize is a great tool for running simple A/B tests, and it’s easy to connect with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Easy test setup
- Good reporting
- Simple setup with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Doesn’t work with mobile apps
- The free version has limited options and lets you run only three tests at a time
- The UX is not smooth
#5: Dynamic Yield 9.1/10
Dynamic Yield specializes in creating personalized experiences for site visitors. Its algorithm can work with websites, apps, email, kiosks, and call centers, and matches content and offers to each customer.
- Onsite campaign targeting
- Good customer service
- Offers creative campaign ideas
- Lets you onboard data from most third-party systems
- Needs better reporting
- Takes a while to set up
#6: Monetate 7.7/10
Monetate has been in the personalization industry for more than 14 years and is a trusted service when it comes to A/B testing.
- Customer segmentation
- Includes data integration
- Personalized targeting
- Difficult to operate the personalization at a larger scale
- Users report that customer support is hard to work with
#7: AB Tasty 8.6/10
AB Tasty is a SaaS application that enables marketers to build A/B tests without technical knowledge.
- Lots of features, including multivariate testing, split URL testing, an experiment scheduler, a test duration calculator, and multi-page funnel testing
- Advanced segmentation options
- AB Tasty promotes its ease-of-use without technical knowledge, but you can’t make the most of its features without coding knowledge
#8: Kameleoon 9.0/10
Kamaleoon offers A/B testing with full stack experimentation and AI personalization options.
- Great graphic design editor that doesn’t need coding
- Responsive support team
- Easy reporting tool
- Difficult to analyze results of large personalization efforts
#9: Webtrends Optimize 9.2/10
Webtrends Optimize boasts a full package of testing features, including multivariate testing, personalization, and server-side testing.
- In addition to a basic A/B testing tool, Webtrends Optimize offers multivariate testing, cross-browser testing, experiment scheduling, dynamic experimentation, and split URL testing
- In-depth analytics features, including click analytics, form analytics, and an experiment results dashboard
- System implementation is costly, especially for startups and smaller businesses
#10: Convert.com 9.3/10
Convert Experiences is our top choice for A/B testing tools in 2022. It has a robust testing package that can launch anything from the simplest split tests to the most complicated tests. If you’re unsure if you want to commit, Convert Experiences has a 15-day free trial.
- Good value for the price
- Responsive support team
- Comprehensive analytics filters
- Easy to use and implement
- Reporting view could be more intuitive
With A/B testing, you can figure out what your site visitors respond to and what they don’t. Testing eliminates speculation and gives you solid data to prove your hypotheses. Split testing forms the foundation for excellent conversion rate optimization tactics, and with the right software, you can grow your conversions exponentially.